Netgear Wifi Extender Setup
Using a Netgear wifi range extender is an easy way to extender the reach of your wireless network. This article will teach you the mywifiext.net setup process. The Netgear wifi range extender is designed to kill the dead zones at your home or office. Here, a dead zone refers to a place where your wireless network is unable to reach. Netgear wifi range extender basically picks up the radio signal from the wireless router and repeats it to the previous dead zones. Netgear wifi range extenders come with a universal feature which allows a user to configure the Netgear wifi extender with any wireless router. Let’s understand the mywifiext net setup process in a broader way.
To access the setup wizard of the Netgear wifi range extender, you need to go to the www.mywifiext.net setup page first. Once you visit the mywifiext.net setup page, you will be able to access the mywifiext net setup genie wizard. In this section, we will explain you how to set up the Netgear wifi extender using mywifiext net setup. We have illustrated the whole process into two different phases.
Mywifiext.net setup: Hardware
This section will teach you about the hardware configuration in the Netgear wifi extender setup process. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully in order to avoid facing an issue.
- First of all, you need to configure the hardware setup. In this phase, a user needs to connect the physical devices with each other.
- Unbox the extender from the package and connect it to the computer using the Ethernet cable.
- Now, plug the device into the power outlet and turn it on. Wait for your device to get into the working state.
NOTE: The Ethernet cable connection is required only for the initial setup process. Once your device gets configured, you can use it wirelessly.
Mywifiext.net setup genie
- Now this phase will guide you to set up the Netgear wifi extender via mywifiext net setup genie. The Netgear Genie is a setup wizard which is supported by all Netgear wifi range extenders.
- After the hardware setup, go to the computer and open any of your favorite web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
- Look for the address bar at the top of the web browser home page. Enter the default web address www.mywifiext.net into the address bar.
- After you enter the web address www.mywifiext.net into the address bar, the browser will take you to the mywifiext.net login page.
- You will see a small login window asking for login credentials. Enter the login credentials into the respective fields.
- Click the login tab and navigate to the mywifiext.net setup genie wizard.
- Once you visit the mywifiext.net setup genie wizard, follow the steps to configure the wireless router with the wifi extender.
- If prompted, enter the password of your wireless network to connect to it.
- After your extender gets connected to the wireless router, follow the instructions to set up the device as a wifi extender.
Netgear extender won’t connect to router
Misconfiguring the device will put you in a situation in which your Netgear extender won’t connect to router. To troubleshoot the issue that you are facing with the Netgear wifi extender, follow the instructions as given below:
- The time you see that your Netgear extender won’t connect to router, please ensure that the device is turned on and working properly.
- Try to restart Netgear wifi extender. If still your Netgear extender won’t connect to router, follow the next step.
- Make sure the settings of your extender were not updated. If the settings were updated, go to the next step.
- Reset your device to the factory default settings. Press and hold the reset button to get your device back to the factory default settings.
Once your device resets reconfigure the router and your issue will be resolved.
So this was all about the Netgear wifi extender setup process. We hope the above instructions helped you to set up the Netgear extender without facing an issue. In case you face an issue while attempting to set up the Netgear wifi extender, give us a call on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to guide you on the same. Thank you for reading the above article.